The Project Review : Philippine Real Estate News and Update

News and updates on real estate developments and projects; current event news updates; property listings; home and architecture; laws and regulations; education and seminars; people; ecology and environmental issues; geography and history; places of interest and events; travel and tourism; tips and how to; others matters allied to the the Philippine real estate industry. Trivia and rants on anything under the sun.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rants : Not a Very Smart Move by Smart Communications

Last week I went to  the mall  to pay my post-paid Smart phone monthly billing at a Smart center. When I was at the Smart center and getting my service number, the information officer asked me if I am paying cash or by credit card. I told her that I am paying cash. She replied back to me that they don't accept cash payment and only accepting payment by credit card. I asked her why is that so. And she told me that it's their new regulation and added that cash payments should be paid to the banks and "Bayad Centers". There was nothing I could do but to follow their payment rule.

The following day I went to a Bayad Center and paid my bill. But here is the catch: the cashier said there will be an additional charge of P7.00 on top of my billing payment. I was told by the cashier that it was for collection charge. I said I am paying my billing and you are charging me for that? Again, there's nothing I could do because it's their collection rule.

My question is : Why did Smart communication transferred their cash payment collection to another collection company and then charge the collection expense to their phone subscribers? Isn't this unfair to their subscribers? The service fee is their obligation to the collection company and should not be shouldered by their subscribers. If Smart wanted to lessen their collection job and manpower, which is to their advantage, they should shoulder the expenses and not pass it on to their subscribers. This is really unfair and unscrupulous. Definitely not a very smart move by Smart. I hope they rectify this very bad move the soonest. 


Two thumbs down for Smart Communications on this one. 



Picture Source :

No comments:

Post a Comment