The Project Review : Philippine Real Estate News and Update

News and updates on real estate developments and projects; current event news updates; property listings; home and architecture; laws and regulations; education and seminars; people; ecology and environmental issues; geography and history; places of interest and events; travel and tourism; tips and how to; others matters allied to the the Philippine real estate industry. Trivia and rants on anything under the sun.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Environment : A Glowing Blue Sea

Finally, I found a scientific explanation to what I had seen years ago when I went to Busuanga Island in Palawan, and with a picture at that. I saw it in a National Geographic article (see article below). It's bioluminescent plankton!  I don't know if others have seen this phenomenon : the sea glowing with a blue-white light at night. I haven't seen it in any other places. I hope others will have the chance to see it  because it is really an amazing sight.



The sea glowing with blue-white light



Related article :
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/03/pictures/120319-glowing-waves-ocean-blue-bioluminescent-plankton-science/?source=link_fb20120319news-glowingwaves#/glowing-waves-bioluminescent-ocean-life-explained-scintillans_50152_600x450.jpg

Picture Source :  National Geographic

No comments:

Post a Comment